Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Starry Starry Night



Have you ever seen a painting so beautiful? Well I’m sure I haven’t. Starry Starry Night was painted by a poor dutch man named Vincent Van Gogh in the year 1889. It is about the same size as the well known painting Sunflowers.

In this very well known painting I can see that there are many objects in the foreground and background. As you can see, in the front there are at least 13 small houses, trees and a church with a tall steeple. When I look at the background, I can see a bright yellow crescent moon with exaggerated swirly stars.

The main colour in Starry Starry Night is blue, but yellow stands out the most. I think yellow stands out because the village is dark. Vincent must of used a lot of colours, like yellow, blue, red, green, purple, black and white.

A church steeple and a tall curving cypress tree. These two objects are the things that stands out, besides from the stars. They both point up to the sky and I think that balances the painting out.

This is the end but make sure you check out my next blogpost to see my Starry Starry Night painting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment