Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Van Gogh's Almond Blossom




Through these past 2 weeks I have attempted to copy Vincent Van Gogh’s painting called Almond Bloom, (also known as Almond Branches in Bloom) painted at San Remy, southern France in the year 1890. I have also tried using his style and techniques.

Staring at my painting and the real Vincent Van Gogh Almond Blossom, I can see that I’ve nearly got the same variety of different shades of blue as my background. As you can see, there’s at least 7 or 8 different blue shades in this painting. The 3 colours I’ve used are brown, blue and white, you can see the blue and white but you can only see the brown in one corner.

There are two differences I have noticed in my painting, but the first thing I’ll be talking about are the branches. Some of my branches aren’t even in the original painting. Another problem about my branches are that they are a little bit too thin and that made it hard to paint.

The other difference in my painting are my flowers. If you look at the bottom left corner, you can see a lime coloured flower and three pink flowers. (they really look like roses.) Last of all, some of the flowers are random colours.

Staring out of his hospital window, he sees a almond tree in bloom. Even though I don’t know what the message for this painting is but I think it is hopeful, influenced by the japanese. I have added detail to my flowers to make it look bright in front of the dark background.

It took me a long time to finish my painting, but overall I think I did a pretty good job. Thank you for reading blog and I hope you learnt more about Vincent Van Gogh.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Lisia,

I think your painting is very nice. You were able to capture the essence of the original. Many say that the background (the sky) actually becomes the foreground after you look at it for a while. I experienced the same after looking at your painting for a few minutes. You clearly have real artistic talent. Keep it up. The flowers are very pretty.

I visited the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam, and of all the paintings of his that I saw, I liked this one the best. I stayed looking at it for about half an hour. I hope you will have the chance to visit the Van Gogh museum so you can see it for yourself. It is truly breathtaking.
Take care, Voltar

Post a Comment